Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Quirky Tag

I've been tagged by Amanda. I'll play along, but this will take some thought. Six unspectacular quirky things about myself...

1. I have a hard time sitting still. In fact, that is the most challenging thing about my job as a medical transcriptionist.

2. I find it difficult to pray when I am not moving. This is NOT related to number one. A few years ago I found that the best time to pray is when I'm out walking or jogging early in the morning -- can't fall asleep and/or get interrupted. The drawback is on those rare occasions the weather does not cooperate, I have to walk around in my house or on my covered patio while I pray in order to concentrate. Hmm, maybe it is related to number one...

3. I have a "black thumb of death" rather than a green thumb when it comes to growing things, which is a real bummer as I love flowers, fresh veggies, etc.

4. I have an eye phobia. I fear being poked in the eyes. I have no idea where this phobia came from, but I could definitely be goggle queen!

5. I'm not good with toenails -- especially on other adults. I don't like someone else to manicure my toenails, and I don't like to do someone else's toenails -- especially the clipping part. Polishing isn't so bad.

6. I have overcome my fear of spiders, thanks to my children. I have grown from having dreams of spider-covered hallway walls and taking literally days to move an encyclopedia off a recently crushed spider to killing them with my bare hands! Oh yeah, I am spider woman!

Here are the rules:
* Link the person who tagged you
* Mention the rules in your blog
* Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours
* Tag six following bloggers by linking them
* Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged

Uh, I'm going to have to explore the world of blogging to come up with six bloggers. I'm sort of a loner in the blogging world at this point. I'll work on that one as time allows. If anyone has suggestions of who I can tag, please do pass them along. Those of you who are just readers and not bloggers -- get a blog and play tag with me! :o) Sadly, my blogging exploration time is fairly limited until school's out, so until June...

1 comment:

Jane said...

Okay, Amada. If you read this, I am very blogging challenged -- don't know how to link... Another thing I need to work on - ack!