Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Birthday to Remember

I'm another year older today. My family was wonderful. Judson showered me with wonderful homemade, glitter-covered cards all day long. Mikiah also made me a lovely card, gave me a Toby Mac CD and baked me my favorite angel food cake. I intended to post a picture of her lovely cake, but it was devoured before anyone had a chance to take a picture :o( My husband gave me a gift card via Judson to go buy those traveling pants (yay!), and found a unique, much-needed lamp for my living room. He even included a card that said I still light up his life! What a turn-on!

The day had it's ups and downs. In particular, work and school were a bit frustrating today. It was just one of those days when in many ways I felt a bit like a failure. The showering of love by my family was such a blessing! Then, when Josh sang a song that he wrote for me as his birthday present (along with a Benetti's Coffee Experience gift card - yum!), the tears rolled freely down my cheeks. The timing could not have been better. I'll close this post with the words of his song...

Behind Every Soul
Behind every soul that lives,
And every soul that stands for the Truth
There was another, and there was a mother

Behind everything that breathes,
A single drop of this breath of life
For us, there you are

Chorus
And where would we be,
If it wasn’t for you
You’ve given us breath
But you’ve nurtured us too
And I’m here to say,
If it wasn’t for you
I’d be lost, without you

Everyone that hears,
A little child talk about our Lord
Wouldn’t be here, if it wasn’t for you

Every dance for our Father,
Wouldn’t be a glorifying praise

And every soul that’s won
In China for God’s Son
Would be dead if it wasn’t for you

And for every prayer that was cried to hold us together
And for every tear that was shed, as we separated
This songs for you... and we say
Thank you
We say thank you
We say thank you
We say thank you for everything you’ve done

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. What a great song.
amanda