Monday, May 11, 2009

Purity Ball

My little girl is not so little any more... Friday night, Jim and Mikiah attended a purity ball for fathers (or moms) and daughters. I had the great pleasure of being a server during the dinner. The event was absolutely lovely and very heart-warming! They shared some laughs and some special moments. One of those moments included a covenant spoken and signed by each:

Father:
I will protect you from unqualified young men.
I will be diligent to lovingly guard you from even the presence of temptation.
I will teach you God's principles concerning life and marriage.
I will pray for you, seek for you, and commmunicate with you concerning God's choice of your life's partner.

Daughter:
I will accept your protection and keep myself pure for my husband.
I acknowledge that I am capable of being deceived, and will immediately come to you should any tempatation present itself.
I will listen and learn and wait for God's best for my life.
I will seek first the Kingdom of God, look foward to entering a betrothing relationship, and wait for your blessing before entering into marriage.

They had a wonderful dinner, great speakers, quiet time together and a blast dancing. Below are some pics of the big date...

Enjoying some daddy time!





















There is only one beautiful girl I will let dance with my man.





















Okay, Jim will kill me for putting this here, but the chicken dance is always a hoot (squawk?)

Josh took some pics before the ball.

This is my favorite.




















A beautiful girl on a beautiful day.




















She is a nature lover...




















Waiting for Prince Charming (no hurry)!

No comments: