Friday, September 12, 2008

The Bestest Worstest Day Ever

Tonight when I was praying with Judson, he did his typical conversation starter between my prayer and his prayer. He said, "Today was the bestest worstest day ever." He went on to explain that it was bad because of the tornado (we had warnings in the area that sent us to the basement for a while) and because his room was messy. The tornado also wasted his time to clean his room, he stated. It was the best day because he got to play on the computer and make a really cool book in school. (So cool, in fact, that he didn't even realize he had "done school", and late in the day exclaimed, "Mom, we forgot to do school today!")

I had to chuckle when he explained his perception of "bestest" and "worstest". As I type this, my Mr.-Fix-It husband is fixing our freezer once again. I wasn't kidding about the long breaking-down streak we've been on. The freezer is only one of the things this week. Some of the malfunctions involved my employment this week, and ultimately made for an extremely frustrating week at work, throwing my schedule off, etc. I have also been dealing with some physical irritations, and all in all just had a blah week. I wouldn't call it the "worstest" week ever by any means, but I might use the word "bad".

So, Judson's retelling of his day kind of gave me some perspective. My worstest and bestest days ever are as simple in God's eyes as are Judson's in mine. :o)

No comments: