Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Memory Problems

Matthew 16:9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?

Judson has a Little Critters book in which one of the stories is entitled "I Just Forgot". The "Little Critter" is explaining away some of his behavior by that phrase every parent has heard (and used themselves!) -- "I forgot". This morning, when I was out for my morning jog, I was reflecting on the events of the previous day. The day started out very well. I was encouraged by an answered prayer and by all that God does to remind me He has life well under control. Though Josh is well on the road to recovery, certainly there are still some very difficult challenges along the way, and yesterday was one of those challenging days. There were several other little aggravations that came up during the day, and before I knew it, my joyful, victory attitude had dissolved into blech and blah! This morning when I was recalling the events of yesterday, this little verse in Matthew 16:9 came to mind... "Do ye not yet understand, neither remember..." I had to chuckle to myself as I compared my "I just forgot" attitude toward my Heavenly Father to those I sometimes encounter from my own children. I encourage you to do a little search in the Bible on the word "remember". May we all endeavor to remember those things God has done to assure and reassure us of His promises and His power. In those moments we begin to feel overwhelmed by our circumstances, let's take a moment to rewind and remember. Certainly, I don't care to have the story of my life sprinkled with the phrase, "I just forgot"! :o) Blessings, friend!

No comments: